Re: Add id's to various elements in protocol.sgml

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Add id's to various elements in protocol.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 6:54 PM Brar Piening <brar@gmx.de> wrote:
> The purpose is that you can directly link to the id in the public html
> docs which still gets generated (e. g.
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/14/protocol-replication.html#PROTOCOL-REPLICATION-BASE-BACKUP).
>
> Essentially it gives people discussing the protocol and pointing to a
> certain command or message format the chance to link to the very thing
> they are discussing instead of the top of the lengthy html page.

As a data point, this is something I have also wanted to do, from time
to time. I am generally of the opinion that any place the
documentation has a long list of things, which should add ids, so that
people can link to the particular thing in the list to which they want
to draw someone's attention.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com