Re: libpq: PQcmdStatus, PQcmdTuples signatures can be painlessly improved

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: libpq: PQcmdStatus, PQcmdTuples signatures can be painlessly improved
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 7:55 AM, Alex Goncharov
<alex-goncharov@comcast.net> wrote:
> If the above change causes a warning in a client code, so much the
> better: the client code is doing something unreasonable like the "*s"
> assignment in my example above.

Or they just haven't bothered to decorate their entire code-base with
const declarations.

I suppose it's probably worth doing this, but I reserve the right to
be unexcited about it.  At a minimum, I dispute the application of the
term "painless" to any change involving const.

If you want this patch to be considered for application, you should
post an updated patch which includes the necessary doc changes and add
a link to it here:

https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

--
Robert Haas