Re: old_snapshot_threshold's interaction with hash index

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: old_snapshot_threshold's interaction with hash index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:46 AM, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Uh, I have no idea how this would be fixed if the PageLSN is zero.  Do
>> you?
>
> Yes, I see three ways, the most obvious of which is what Amit
> suggested -- don't do early vacuum on a table which has a hash index.

What do you mean by "early VACUUM"?  Amit suggested disabling
HOT-pruning, but HOT-pruning happens completely outside of VACUUM.  It
also happens inside VACUUM, so if we disabled HOT pruning, how could
we VACUUM at all?  Sorry, I am confused.

Doesn't this issue also affected indexes on any unlogged table?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company