Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 7:19 AM amul sul <sulamul@gmail.com> wrote:
> Let me explain the case, if we do skip the end-of-recovery checkpoint while
> starting the system in read-only mode and then later changing the state to
> read-write and do a few write operations and online checkpoints, that will be
> fine? I am yet to explore those things.

I think we'd want the FIRST write operation to be the end-of-recovery
checkpoint, before the system is fully read-write. And then after that
completes you could do other things.

It would be good if we can get an opinion from Andres about this,
since I think he has thought about this stuff quite a bit.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY