Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: POC: Cleaning up orphaned files using undo logs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 6:48 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> > for (;;)
> > {
> >     UnpackedUndoRecord *uur = UndoFetchRecord(urp);
> >     if (i like this one)
> >         break;
> >     urp = uur->uur_blkprev; // should be renamed, since zedstore +
> > probably others will have tuple chains not block chains
> ..
>
> +1 for renaming this variable.  How about uur_prev_ver or uur_prevver
> or uur_verprev?  Any other suggestions?

Maybe just uur_previous or uur_prevundo or something like that.  We've
already got a uur_prevurp, but that's really pretty misnamed and IMHO
it doesn't belong in this structure anyway.  (uur_next is also a bad
name and also doesn't belong in this structure.)

I don't think we want to use 'ver' because that supposes that undo is
being used to track tuple versions, which is a likely use but perhaps
not the only one.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company