Re: [HACKERS] rewrite HeapSatisfiesHOTAndKey

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] rewrite HeapSatisfiesHOTAndKey
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 2, 2017 at 1:36 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, but I think if we know how much is the additional cost in
> average and worst case, then we can take a better call.

Yeah.  We shouldn't just rip out optimizations that are inconvenient
without doing some test of what the impact is on the cases where those
optimizations are likely to matter.  I don't think it needs to be
anything incredibly laborious and if there's no discernable impact,
great.  But it doesn't make sense to change things for the benefit of
WARM and indirect indexes and then discover later that we regressed
other cases we care about and have no plan to fix it.  Better to find
out any potential problems of that kind now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company