Re: read() returns ERANGE in Mac OS X

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: read() returns ERANGE in Mac OS X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, an enum would be nicer than an additional GUC. I kinda keep forgetting
>> that we have those. Though to bikeshed, the GUC should probably be just called
>> 'zero_pages' and take the values 'never', 'missing', 'unreadable' ;-)
>
> Sounds reasonable to me ..

It seems like it would be nicer to have a setting that somehow makes
the system disregard errors and soldier on rather than actively
destroying your data.  Not that I have an exact design in mind, but
zero_damaged_pages is a really fast way to destroy your data.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company