Re: Whats the correct way to change trigdata->tg_relation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Whats the correct way to change trigdata->tg_relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 28, 2012 at 1:06 PM, Charles Gomes <charlesrg@outlook.com> wrote:
> I'm creating a simple trigger that will be called during an insert and change the destination table.
> All values are going to be preserved, just the destination table will be different.
>
> From what I see I can't modify trigdata->tg_relation.
>
> All examples use: return Datum(trigdata->tg_trigtuple); // however tg_relation does not belong there. I'm trying to
avoindhaving to do a SPI_EXEC;

> Should I create a new heap_tuple and call heap_insert() and then Return Datum(NULL); ? Or is there another more
straightforward way of doing it?  Looks like if I call heap_insert I will have to update the indexes somehow.

I think you need to use SPI_EXEC.  Otherwise something horrible will
probably happen.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: json api WIP patch
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: multiple CREATE FUNCTION AS items for PLs