Re: Spinlocks and compiler/memory barriers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Spinlocks and compiler/memory barriers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 8, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2014-09-04 14:19:47 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
>> Yes. I plan to push the patch this weekend. Sorry for the delay.
>
> I'm about to push this. Is it ok to first push it to master and only
> backpatch once a couple buildfarm cycles haven't complained?

That will have the disadvantage that src/tools/git_changelog will show
the commits separately instead of grouping them together; so it's
probably best not to make a practice of it.  But I think it's up to
your discretion how to handle it in any particular case.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company