Re: Create TOAST table only if AM needs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Create TOAST table only if AM needs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 3:26 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> It seems to me that the entire tableam project is still very much WIP,
> and if anybody is able to do anything actually useful with a different
> AM right at the moment, that's just mighty good fortune for them.
> It's way too late to be making destabilizing changes in v12 in order
> to move the frontier of what can be done in a new AM.

What about non-destabilizing changes?  It seems to me that we could do
some good with a pretty simple patch that just moves most of the logic
from needs_toast_table() below tableam, as in the attached.  Then we
could leave the broader refactoring for v13.

Maybe this is still too much, but it seems pretty simple so I thought I'd ask.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения