Re: [HACKERS] Multiple TO version in ALTER EXTENSION UPDATE

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Multiple TO version in ALTER EXTENSION UPDATE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 29, 2017 at 11:13 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:
> While reading I noticed that we allow multiple TO <version> in ALTER EXTENSION
> UPDATE, and defer throwing a syntax error until command processing.  Is there a
> reason for deferring and not handling it in gram.y directly as in the attached
> patch since it is in fact a syntax error?  It yields a different error message
> to the user, but makes for easier to read code (IMH-and-biased-O).

I think the idea of the current implementation was probably that the
grammar should leave room to support multiple options in arbitrary
order at that point in the syntax.  I'm not sure whether that's
something we'll ever actually need, or not.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company