Re: test_shm_mq failing on anole (was: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: test_shm_mq failing on anole (was: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?)
Дата
Re: test_shm_mq failing on anole (was: Sending out a request for more buildfarm animals?)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 3, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Dave Page <dave.page@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hamid@EDB; Can you please have someone configure anole to build git
> head as well as the other branches? Thanks.

The test_shm_mq regression tests hung on this machine this morning.
Hamid was able to give me access to log in and troubleshoot.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to completely track down the problem
before accidentally killing off the running cluster, but it looks like
test_shm_mq_pipelined() tried to start 3 background workers and the
postmaster only ever launched one of them, so the test just sat there
and waited for the other two workers to start.  At this point, I have
no idea what could cause the postmaster to be asleep at the switch
like this, but it seems clear that's what happened.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company