Re: ERROR: catalog is missing 2 attribute(s) for relid 16584

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: ERROR: catalog is missing 2 attribute(s) for relid 16584
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 1:01 AM, Prakash Itnal <prakash074@gmail.com> wrote:
> Recently we faced an issue with postgres server where it is throwing error:
>
> ERROR:  catalog is missing 2 attribute(s) for relid 16584
> CONTEXT:  automatic analyze of table "DBRNW.public.act_wsta"
>
> I checked in the database and found that this table is not present but the
> entry for the same is present in 'pg_tables'. This error is occuring when
> auto analyze is executed.
>
> I searched for the issue in postgres blogs and found that there is no way to
> recover from this situation except restore from last backup!! I wanted to
> confirm is there any way to recover at run time? because if we restore from
> last backup then we might loose some data that got updated after this error
> occurred.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like you are missing a couple of pg_attribute entries.  You
might be able to figure out what's missing and put them back, but of
course whatever got your system into this state might have also caused
other corruption...

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company