Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 4:18 PM Mark Dilger
<mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > Maybe I'm just being dense here -- exactly what problem are you worried about?
>
> Per tuple, tuple_is_visible() potentially checks whether the xmin or xmax committed via TransactionIdDidCommit.  I am
worriedabout concurrent truncation of clog entries causing I/O errors on SLRU lookup when performing that check.  The
threestrategies I had for dealing with that were taking the XactTruncationLock (formerly known as CLogTruncationLock,
forthose reading this thread from the beginning), locking out vacuum, and the idea upthread from Andres about setting
PROC_IN_VACUUMand such.  Maybe I'm being dense and don't need to worry about this.  But I haven't convinced myself of
that,yet.

I don't get it. If you've already checked that the XIDs are >=
relfrozenxid and <= ReadNewFullTransactionId(), then this shouldn't be
a problem. It could be, if CLOG is hosed, which is possible, because
if the table is corrupted, why shouldn't CLOG also be corrupted? But
I'm not sure that's what your concern is here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Global temporary tables
От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Ought to use heap_multi_insert() for pg_attribute/depend insertions?