Re: [HACKERS] parallelize queries containing initplans

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] parallelize queries containing initplans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 5:52 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Now, unless, I am missing something here, it won't be possible to
> detect params in such cases during forming of join rels and hence we
> need the tests in generate_gather_paths.  Let me know if I am missing
> something in this context or if you have any better ideas to make it
> work?

Hmm, in a case like this, I think we shouldn't need to detect it.  The
Var is perfectly parallel-safe, the problem is that we can't use a
not-safe plan for the inner rel.  I wonder why that's happening
here... is it a problem with your patch or an existing bug?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company