Re: late binding of shared libs for C functions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: late binding of shared libs for C functions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 12, 2018 at 8:41 AM, Andrew Dunstan
<andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> UNBOUNDED would be terrible. It does not mean the same thing as UNBOUND.
>
> Perhaps something like NO CHECK would meet the case, i.e. we're not checking
> the link at function creation time.
>
> I haven't thought through the other implications yet.

It seems like it might be better to control this through a GUC than
dedicated syntax, because you probably want it for purposes of
restoring an otherwise-unrestorable dump, and you want to make the
decision at restore time, not dump time.  If it's a GUC, that's a lot
easier than if you have to edit the dump.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company