Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 11:26 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> No objection to fixing or backpatching this, but I'm not seeing the
>>> argument for treating this module differently from contrib/xml2.
>
>> Because I screwed it up accidentally for sepgsql, and I can't screw it
>> up for xml2 on purpose even after working fairly hard.  Even after
>> shoving in the necessary -I switch (through a slightly different
>> mechanism than the one you just proposed), it still won't link,
>> whether -lxml2 is on the command-line or not.
>
> Huh.  Links for me on Fedora 14 ...
>
> [tgl@rh3 ~]$ cd ~/pgsql/contrib/xml2
> [tgl@rh3 xml2]$ make clean
> rm -f pgxml.so   libpgxml.a
> rm -f xpath.o xslt_proc.o
> rm -rf results/ regression.diffs regression.out tmp_check/ log/
> [tgl@rh3 xml2]$ make PROFILE=-I/usr/include/libxml2
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing-fwrapv -g -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fpic -I. -I. -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o xpath.o
xpath.c
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing-fwrapv -g -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fpic -I. -I. -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE   -c -o
xslt_proc.oxslt_proc.c
> gcc -O2 -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wendif-labels -Wformat-security
-fno-strict-aliasing-fwrapv -g -I/usr/include/libxml2 -fpic -shared -o pgxml.so xpath.o xslt_proc.o -L../../src/port
-Wl,--as-needed-Wl,-rpath,'/home/tgl/testversion/lib',--enable-new-dtags -I/usr/include/libxml2
> [tgl@rh3 xml2]$
>
> (and yes, this is in a build tree configured without --with-libxml).
> As far as I can tell, this *must* work this way on Linux.  Maybe you
> were testing the xml2 case on OS X?  That OS is pickier.

Hrm, I *thought* I had tested on Linux, but maybe I was on OS X that
time around.  Anyway, I can reproduce this now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [v9.1] sepgsql - userspace access vector cache
От: Florian Weimer
Сообщение: Re: How to define global variable in postgresql