Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: generic plans and "initial" pruning
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 11:01 PM Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com> wrote:
> Needed to be rebased again, over 2d04277121f this time.

0001 adds es_part_prune_result but does not use it, so maybe the
introduction of that field should be deferred until it's needed for
something.

I wonder whether it's really necessary to added the PartitionPruneInfo
objects to a list in PlannerInfo first and then roll them up into
PlannerGlobal later. I know we do that for range table entries, but
I've never quite understood why we do it that way instead of creating
a flat range table in PlannerGlobal from the start. And so by
extension I wonder whether this table couldn't be flat from the start
also.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Сообщение: Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits