Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 11:37 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> WRT Robert seeing those warnings and Tom not: There's something odd going
> on. I couldn't immediately reproduce it. Then I realized it reproduces against
> a homebrew install but not a macports one.
>
> Robert, which are you using?

macports

> Meson actually *tries* to avoid this warning without resulting in incorrect
> results due to ordering. But homebrew does something odd, with libxml-2.0,
> zlib and a few others: Unless you do something to change that, brew has
> /opt/homebrew/Library/Homebrew/os/mac/pkgconfig/14/ in its search path, but
> those libraries aren't from homebrew, they're referencing macos
> frameworks. Apparently meson isn't able to understand which files those .pc
> files link to and gives up on the deduplicating.
>
> If I add to the pkg-config search path, e.g. via
> meson configure
-Dpkg_config_path=$OTHER_STUFF:/opt/homebrew/opt/zlib/lib/pkgconfig/:/opt/homebrew/opt/libxml2/lib/pkgconfig/

> the warnings about duplicate libraries vanish.

Hmm, I'm happy to try something here, but I'm not sure exactly what.
I'm not setting pkg_config_path at all right now. I'm using this:

meson setup $HOME/pgsql $HOME/pgsql-meson -Dcassert=true -Ddebug=true
-Dextra_include_dirs=/opt/local/include
-Dextra_lib_dirs=/opt/local/lib -Dprefix=$HOME/install/dev

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION
От: Jakub Wartak
Сообщение: Re: trying again to get incremental backup