Re: Re: 9.3: more problems with "Could not open file "pg_multixact/members/xxxx"

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: 9.3: more problems with "Could not open file "pg_multixact/members/xxxx"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 16, 2014 at 12:46 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> (Maybe I'm just too tired and I'm failing to fully understand the torn
> page protection.  I thought I understood how it worked, but now I'm not
> sure -- I mean I don't see how it can possibly have any value at all.
> Surely if the disk writes the first 512-byte sector of the page and then
> forgets the updates to the next 15 sectors, the page will appear as not
> needing the full page image to be restored ...)

We always restore full page images, regardless of the page LSN.
Otherwise, we'd have exactly the problem you describe.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company