Re: WAL consistency check facility

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: WAL consistency check facility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 10:02 AM, Kuntal Ghosh
<kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> wrote:
>> With the patch for BRIN applied, I am able to get installcheck-world
>> working with wal_consistency = all and a standby doing the consistency
>> checks behind. Adding wal_consistency = all in PostgresNode.pm, the
>> recovery tests are passing. This patch is switched as "Ready for
>> Committer". Thanks for completing this effort begun 3 years ago!
> Thanks to you for reviewing all the patches in so much detail. Amit, Robert
> and Dilip also helped me a lot in developing the feature. Thanks to them
> as well.

So, who should be credited as co-authors of this patch and in what
order, if and when it gets committed?  If X started this patch and
then Kuntal did a little more work on it, I would credit it as:

X and Kuntal Ghosh

If Kuntal did major work on it, though, then I would think of
something more like:

Kuntal Ghosh, based on an earlier patch from X

If he didn't use any of the old code but just the idea, then I would
do something like this:

Kuntal Ghosh, inspired by a previous patch from X

So, who are all of the people involved in the effort to produce this
patch, and what's the right way to attribute credit?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company