Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: asynchronous and vectorized execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 8:50 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> That seems to suggest that we need to restructure how we get to calling
> fmgr functions, before worrying about the actual fmgr call.

Any ideas on how to do that?  ExecMakeFunctionResultNoSets() isn't
really doing a heck of a lot.  Changing FuncExprState to use an array
rather than a linked list to store its arguments might help some.   We
could also consider having an optimized path that skips the fn_strict
stuff if we can somehow deduce that no NULLs can occur in this
context, but that's a lot of work and new infrastructure.  I feel like
maybe there's something higher-level we could do that would help more,
but I don't know what it is.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Academic help for Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Academic help for Postgres