Re: new heapcheck contrib module

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: new heapcheck contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 28, 2020 at 2:10 PM Andrey M. Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> I don't think so. ISTM It's the same problem of xmax<relfrozenxid actually, just hidden behind detoasing.
> Our regular heap_check was checking xmin\xmax invariants for tables, but failed to recognise the problem in toast
(whiletoast was accessible until CLOG truncation).

The code can (and should, and I think does) refrain from looking up
XIDs that are out of the range thought to be valid -- but how do you
propose that it avoid looking up XIDs that ought to have clog data
associated with them despite being >= relfrozenxid and < nextxid?
TransactionIdDidCommit() does not have a suppress-errors flag, adding
one would be quite invasive, yet we cannot safely perform a
significant number of checks without knowing whether the inserting
transaction committed.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [Patch] ALTER SYSTEM READ ONLY
От: Thomas Munro
Сообщение: Re: Handing off SLRU fsyncs to the checkpointer