Re: upgrades in row-level locks can deadlock

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: upgrades in row-level locks can deadlock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 12:47 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Please don't simplify the table name to just "t" -- the reason I used
> another name is that we want these tests to be able to run concurrently
> at some point; ref.
> https://postgr.es/m/20180124231006.z7spaz5gkzbdvob5@alvherre.pgsql

Not only that, but 't' is completely ungreppable.  If you name the
table 'walrus' and five years from now somebody sees an error about it
in some buildfarm log or whatever, they can type 'git grep walrus' to
find the test, and they'll probably only get that one hit.  If you
name it 't', well...

[rhaas pgsql]$ git grep t | wc -l
 1653468

Not very helpful.