Re: Minor improvement in lock.sgml

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Minor improvement in lock.sgml
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 7:20 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Here is a patch to a bit improve the reference page for the LOCK
> command.  I think it'd be better for the isolation level to be in
> capitals and wrapped in the <literal> tags.

It's done that way elsewhere in the same page, so committed.

Overall, there is some ambiguity about this.  Most places follow your
proposed style if <literal>READ COMMITTED</literal>,
<literal>REPEATABLE READ</literal>, and
<literal>SERIALIZABLE</literal>, but mvcc.sgml, which discusses
isolation levels extensively, just writes them as Read Committed,
Repeatable Read, and Serializable.

I'm not sure whether more consistency overall would be a good thing -
there are some things to recommend the current mix of styles - but
mixing styles within a page doesn't seem smart, so this much at least
seems uncontroversial.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company