Re: xlog.c: removing ReadRecPtr and EndRecPtr

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: xlog.c: removing ReadRecPtr and EndRecPtr
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 1:36 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached please find the test case not for commit as
> v2-0001-dubious-test-case.patch; the fix, for commit and now with a
> proper commit message as
> v2-0002-Fix-corner-case-failure-to-detect-improper-timeli.patch; and
> the back-ported test case for v14 as v14-0001-dubious-test-case.patch
> in case anyone wants to play around with that. (with apologies for
> using the idea of a version number in two different and conflicting
> senses)

OK, I have committed this patch, rebased the original combined patch
over top of that, and committed that too. By my count that means I've
now removed a total of 3 global variables from this file and Amul got
rid of one as well so that makes 4 in total. If we continue at this
brisk pace the code may become understandable and maintainable
sometime prior to the heat death of the universe, which I think would
be rather nice.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com