Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Re: BUG #12990: Missing pg_multixact/members files (appears to have wrapped, then truncated)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 3:58 AM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Here's a new patch, with responses to several reviews.

Going back to this version...

+ * Based on the assumption that there is no reasonable way for an end user to
+ * configure the thresholds for this, we define the safe member count to be
+ * half of the member address space, and the dangerous level to be

but:

+       const MultiXactOffset safe_member_count = MaxMultiXactOffset / 4;

Those don't match.  Also, we usually use #define rather than const for
constants.  I suggest we do that here, too.

+               int safe_multixact_age = MultiXactCheckMemberUsage();
+               if (safe_multixact_age >= 0)

Project style is to leave a blank line between these, I think.

I think you need to update the comments for relation_needs_vacanalyze().

The documentation in section 23.1.5.1, "Multixacts and Wraparound",
also needs updating.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company