Re: Odd system-column handling in postgres_fdw join pushdown patch

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Odd system-column handling in postgres_fdw join pushdown patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 7:49 AM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> BTW, I noticed that we are deparsing whole-row reference as ROW(list of
> columns from local definition of foreign table), which has the same problem
> with outer joins. It won't be NULL when the rest of the row from that
> relation is NULL in an outer join. It too needs to be encapsulated in CASE
> WHEN .. END expression. PFA patch with that fix included and also some
> testcases for system columns as well as whole-row references.

Good catch.  But your test cases are no good because then we have OIDs
hardcoded in the expected output.  That means 'make installcheck' will
fail, or if for any other reason the OID varies it will also fail.
Committed your version with those test cases.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company