Re: [HACKERS] CONNECTION LIMIT and Parallel Query don't play well together

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] CONNECTION LIMIT and Parallel Query don't play well together
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 7:59 AM, David Rowley
<david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 12 January 2017 at 15:24, David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> I've attached a patch which intended to assist discussions on this topic.
>>
>> The patch adds some notes to the docs to mention that background
>> workers and prepared xacts are not counted in CONNECTION LIMIT, it
>> then goes on and makes CountUserBackends() ignore bgworkers. It was
>> already ignoring prepared xacts. There's a bit of plumbing work to
>> make the proc array aware of the background worker status. Hopefully
>> this is suitable. I'm not all that close to that particular area of
>> the code.
>
> Wondering you've had any time to glance over this?
>
> If you think the patch needs more work, or goes about things the wrong
> way, let me know, and I'll make the changes.

Sorry, this had slipped through the cracks -- I'm having a very hard
time keeping up with the flow of patches and emails.  But it looks
good to me, except that it seems like CountDBBackends() needs the same
fix (and probably a corresponding documentation update).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company