Re: psql \set vs \copy - bug or expected behaviour?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: psql \set vs \copy - bug or expected behaviour?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
> It looks like \copy is just passing the text of the query unadjusted to
> "COPY". I get a syntax error on ":x" with the \copy below on both 9.0 and
> 9.1
>
> === test script ===
> \set x '''HELLO'''
> -- Works
> \echo :x
> -- Works
> \o '/tmp/test1.txt'
> COPY (SELECT :x) TO STDOUT;
> -- Doesn't work
> \copy (SELECT :x) TO '/tmp/test2.txt'
> === end script ===

I'm not sure whether that's a bug per se, but I can see where a
behavior change might be an improvement.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: psql command for bytea output
Сообщение: Re: psql command for bytea output