Re: block-level incremental backup

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: block-level incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM Arthur Zakirov <a.zakirov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> In pg_probackup we have remote restore via SSH in the beta state. But
> SSH isn't an option for in-core approach I think.

That's a little off-topic for this thread, but I think we should have
some kind of extensible mechanism for pg_basebackup and maybe other
tools, so that you can teach it to send backups to AWS or your
teletype or etch them on stone tablets or whatever without having to
modify core code.  But let's not design that mechanism on this thread,
'cuz that will distract from what I want to talk about here.  Feel
free to start a new thread for it, though, and I'll jump in.  :-)

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company