Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Postgres TR for missing chunk
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 4:18 AM, M Tarkeshwar Rao
<m.tarkeshwar.rao@ericsson.com> wrote:
> We are facing this issue and want to analyse this through logging.
> can you please share a sample Postgres config file to enable max logging with syslog support?
>
> What should be the debug level so that I can capture the failure information?

I don't think that cranking up the debug level is going to help you
here.  Instead, you should tell us what you did that ended up causing
this error, especially if it is a reproducible series of steps,
because then we might be able to identify the cause, and/or fix it.

It is worth noting that one possible explanation for this is that your
database is corrupted.  That can happen for a variety of reasons, as I
explained in one of my blog posts:

http://rhaas.blogspot.com/2012/03/why-is-my-database-corrupted.html

You should check and make sure that none of those causes sound like
things that could have happened in your case.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company