Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [CORE] postpone next week's release
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Do you have any feeling of how likely people are to actually hit the
> multixact one? I've followed some of that impressive debugging you guys did,
> and I know it's a pretty critical bug if you hit it, but how wide-spread
> will it be?

That precise problem has been reported a few times, but it may not be
widespread.  I don't know.  My bigger concern is that, at present,
taking a base backup is broken.  I haven't figured out the exact
reproduction scenario, but I think it's something like this:

- begin base backup
- checkpoint happens, truncating pg_multixact
- at this point pg_multixact gets copied
- end base backup

I think what will happen on replay is that replaying the checkpoint,
it will try to reference pg_multixact files that don't exist any more
and die with a fatal error.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely
Сообщение: Re: RFC: Remove contrib entirely