Re: [HACKERS] tuplesort_gettuple_common() and *should_free argument

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] tuplesort_gettuple_common() and *should_free argument
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 9, 2016 at 5:59 PM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Attached patch 0001-* removes all should_free arguments. To reiterate,
> this is purely a refactoring patch.

I think this patch might have a bug.  In the existing code,
tuplesort_gettupleslot sets should_free = true if it isn't already
just before calling ExecStoreMinimalTuple((MinimalTuple) stup.tuple,
slot, should_free), so it seems that ExecStoreMinimalTuple() will
always get "true" as the fourth argument. However the patch changes
that line of code like this:

+        ExecStoreMinimalTuple((MinimalTuple) stup.tuple, slot, false);

So the patch seems to have the effect of changing the fourth argument
to this call to ExecStoreMinimalTuple() from always-true to
always-false.  I might be missing something, but my guess is that's
not right.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company