Re: XML Issue with DTDs

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: XML Issue with DTDs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 6:40 PM, Florian Pflug <fgp@phlo.org> wrote:
> While looking into ways to implement a XMLSTRIP function which extracts the textual contents of an XML value and
de-escapesthem (i.e. > Solving this seems a bit messy, unfortunately. First, I think we need to have some XMLOPTION
valuewhich is a superset of all the others - otherwise, dump & restore won't work reliably. That means either allowing
DTDsif XMLOPTION is CONTENT, or inventing a third XMLOPTION, say ANY.

Or we can just decide that it was a bug that this was ever allowed,
and if you upgrade to $FIXEDVERSION you'll need to sanitize your data.This is roughly what we did with encoding checks.

> We then need to ensure that combining XML values yields something that is valid according to the most general
XMLOPTIONsetting. That means either

> (1) Removing the DTD from all but the first argument to XMLCONCAT, and similarly all but the first value passed to
XMLAGG

> or
>
> (2) Complaining if these values contain a DTD.
>
> or
>
> (3) Allowing multiple DTDs in a document if XMLOPTION is, say, ANY.
>
> I'm not in favour of (3), since clients are unlikely to be able to process such a value. (1) matches how we currently
handleXML declarations (<?xml …?>), so I'm slightly in favour of that.

I don't like #3, mostly because I don't like XMLOPTION ANY in the
first place.  Either #1 or #2 sounds OK.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Josh Berkus
Сообщение: Re: make_interval ??
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: shared memory message queues