Re: Proposal: Automatic partition creation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Proposal: Automatic partition creation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 6, 2020 at 12:10 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> We did indeed solve this in connection with window functions, cf
> 0a459cec9.  I may be misunderstanding what the problem is here,
> but I think trying to reuse that infrastructure might help.

Ah, nice. I didn't realize that we'd added that. But I'm not sure that
it helps here, because I think we need to compute the end of the
range, not just test whether something is in a range. Like, if someone
wants monthly range partitions starting on 2020-01-01, we need to be
able to figure out that the subsequent months start on 2020-02-01,
2020-03-01, 2020-04-01, etc. Is there a way to use in_range to achieve
that?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company