Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric
Дата
Re: Abbreviated keys for Numeric  (Andrew Gierth <andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:03 AM, Andrew Gierth
<andrew@tao11.riddles.org.uk> wrote:
> So here's the latest (and, hopefully, last) version:
>
>  - adds diagnostic output from numeric_abbrev_abort using the trace_sort
>    GUC
>
>  - fixed Datum cs. uint32 issues in hash_uint32
>
>  - added a short comment about excess-k representation
>
>  - tweaked the indenting and comments a bit
>
> I'm not particularly committed to any specific way of handling the
> DEC_DIGITS issue. (I moved away from the "transparently skip
> abbreviations" approach of the original because it seemed that reducing
> #ifdefism in the code was a desirable feature.)
>
> The INT64_MIN/MAX changes should be committed fairly soon. (I haven't
> posted a patch for TRACE_SORT)

I think this is really nice work, so I have committed this version.  I
made a few fairly minor changes, hopefully without breaking anything
in the process:

- I adjusted things for recent commits around INT{32,63}_{MIN_MAX}.
- I removed (void) ssup; which I do not think is normal PostgreSQL style.
- Removed the #if DEC_DIGITS != 4 check.  The comment is great, but I
think we don't need protect against #if 0 code get re-enabled.
- I removed the too-clever (at least IMHO) handing of TRACE_SORT in
favor of just using #ifdef around each occurrence.
- I also declared trace_sort in guc.h, where various other GUCs are
declared, instead of declaring it privately in each file that needed
it.
- Changed some definitions to depend on SIZEOF_DATUM rather than
USE_FLOAT8_BYVAL.  Hopefully I didn't muff this; please check it.
- Fixed an OID conflict.
- And of course, bumped catversion.

Thanks,

--