Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 12:26 PM, Joshua D. Drake <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> From the reading the original post it seems like the patch was developed on
> Sales Force's time, not TGLs. I do not think we get to have an opinion on
> that.

Salesforce gets to develop their patches whenever they want, but they
don't get to control the community process for getting those patches
committed to PostgreSQL.

> Thank you Tom for the efforts you made here, making the largest used PL
> better, faster, stronger is exactly the type of micro-changes we need to be
> looking at for further polish within the database.

So, just to be clear, are you proposing that everybody is exempted
from the CommitFest deadlines, or just Tom?

Thanks,

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company