Re: [BUGS] BUG #14808: V10-beta4, backend abort

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14808: V10-beta4, backend abort
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Sep 9, 2017 at 1:08 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> My first instinct is to get rid of DestroyTransitionCaptureState
> altogether, on the grounds that the TransitionCaptureState will
> go away at transaction cleanup and we can't really get rid of it
> any sooner than that.

End of transaction, or end of query?  I'm not sure what happens when
triggers are deferred, but I think there are a lot of cases when we
want to throw away the tuplestore immediately, not hold on to it for
the rest of the transaction.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company