Re: remove wal_level archive

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: remove wal_level archive
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 12:21 AM, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> We need to keep both, IMO, with 'archive' as an obsolete synonym for
> hot_standby.
>
> Otherwise pg_upgrade will get grumpy, and so will users who migrate
> their configurations.

Removing options entirely arguably brings some worthwhile
simplification from a user perspective, but it's really unclear to me
that mapping the same set of options onto fewer underlying behaviors
buys us much.  If we don't care enough about getting rid of archive to
force people to change postgresql.conf, I doubt whether this is buying
us enough to be worthwhile.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company