Re: Synchronous replay take III

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Synchronous replay take III
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 6:42 PM Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Yes, this is essentially the same thing that you were arguing against
> above.  Perhaps you are right, and there are no people who would want
> synchronous replay, but not synchronous commit.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the terminology here, but if not, I find
this theory wildly implausible.  *Most* people want read-your-writes
behavior.  *Few* people want to wait for a dead standby.  The only
application of the later is when even a tiny risk of transaction loss
is unacceptable, but the former has all kinds of clustering-related
uses.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company