Re: verify predefined LWLocks have entries in wait_event_names.txt

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: verify predefined LWLocks have entries in wait_event_names.txt
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 2, 2024 at 4:45 PM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
> That seems to date back to commit 14a9101.  I can agree that the suffix is
> somewhat redundant since these are already marked as type "LWLock", but
> I'll admit I've been surprised by this before, too.  IMHO it makes this
> proposed test more important because you can't just grep for a different
> lock to find all the places you need to update.

I agree. I am pretty sure that the reason this happened in the first
place is that I grepped for the name of some other LWLock and adjusted
things for the new lock at every place where that found a hit.

> > - Check in both directions instead of just one?
> >
> > - Verify ordering?
>
> To do those things, I'd probably move the test to one of the scripts that
> generates the documentation or header file (pg_wait_events doesn't tell us
> whether a lock is predefined or what order it's listed in).  That'd cause
> failures at build time instead of during testing, which might be kind of
> nice, too.

Yeah, I think that would be better.

--
Robert Haas