Re: WIP: dynahash replacement for buffer table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: WIP: dynahash replacement for buffer table
Дата
Re: WIP: dynahash replacement for buffer table  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
This developed a slight merge conflict.  I've rebased the attached
version, and I also took the step of getting rid of buf_table.c, as I
think I proposed somewhere upthread.  This avoids the overhead of
constructing a BufferTag only to copy it into a BufferLookupEnt, plus
some function calls and so forth.  A quick-and-dirty test suggests
this might not have cut down on the 1-client overhead much, but I
think it's worth doing anyway: it's certainly saving a few cycles, and
I don't think it's complicating anything measurably.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения