Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: DROP OWNED BY fails to clean out pg_init_privs grants
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 2:25 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Hannu Krosing <hannuk@google.com> writes:
> > Or perhaps we should still also patch pg_dump to ignore the aclentries
> > which refer to roles that do not exist in the database ?
>
> I didn't want to do that before, and I still don't.  Given that this
> issue has existed since pg_init_privs was invented (9.6) without
> prior reports, I don't think it's a big enough problem in practice
> to be worth taking extraordinary actions for.

If we don't fix it in the code and we don't document it anywhere, the
next person who hits it is going to have to try to discover the fact
that there's a problem from the pgsql-hackers archives. That doesn't
seem good. I don't have an educated opinion about what we should do
here specifically, and I realize that we don't have any official place
to document known issues, but it can be pretty inconvenient for users
not to know about them.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com