Re: [v9.2] Fix leaky-view problem, part 2

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.2] Fix leaky-view problem, part 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> IMHO the situation from DBA's point of view is exactly opposite. Option two
> requires deep knowledge of this leaky views issue. The DBA needs to inspect
> any function he wants to mark as leak-free closely, and understand that
> innocent-looking things like casts can cause leaks. That is not feasible in
> practice. Option 1, however, requires no such knowledge. Operators used in
> indexes are already expected to not throw errors, or you would get errors
> when inserting certain values to the table, for example.

But, IMHO, the chance of the DBA wanting to set this flag is
miniscule.  I think that 99.9% of DBAs will be perfectly happy to just
use whatever set we mark as built-ins.  And an explicit pg_proc flag
gives us a lot more flexibility.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company