Re: Non-superuser subscription owners

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Non-superuser subscription owners
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 6:44 PM Mark Dilger <mark.dilger@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> > ALTER SUBSCRIPTION..[ENABLE | DISABLE] do not synchronously start or stop subscription workers.  The ALTER command
updatesthe catalog's subenabled field, but workers only lazily respond to that.  Disabling and enabling the
subscriptionas part of the OWNER TO would not reliably accomplish anything.

> Having discussed this with Andrew off-list, we've concluded that updating the documentation for logical replication
tomake this point more clear is probably sufficient, but I wonder if anyone thinks otherwise?

The question in my mind is whether there's some reasonable amount of
time that a user should expect to have to wait for the changes to take
effect. If it could easily happen that the old permissions are still
in use a month after the change is made, I think that's probably not
good. If there's reason to think that, barring unusual circumstances,
changes will be noticed within a few minutes, I think that's fine.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com