Re: NOT NULL constraints in foreign tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: NOT NULL constraints in foreign tables
Дата
Re: NOT NULL constraints in foreign tables
Re: NOT NULL constraints in foreign tables
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> I mean, what are NOT NULL in foreign tables for?  Are they harmed or
> helped by having pg_constraint rows?

As I've mentioned when this has come up before, I think that
constraints on foreign tables should be viewed as declarative
statements about the contents of the foreign data that the DB will
assume true.  This could be useful for a variety of purposes:
constraint exclusion, query optimization, etc.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company