Re: pgcon unconference / impact of block size on performance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pgcon unconference / impact of block size on performance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 7, 2022 at 1:47 PM Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Possibly, but why would that be the case? Maybe there are places that do
> stuff with memory and have different optimizations based on length? I'd
> bet the 4k page is way more optimized than the other cases.

I don't really know. It was just a thought. It feels like the fact
that the page sizes are different could be hurting us somehow, but I
don't really know what the mechanism would be.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com