Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Proposal: Local indexes for partitioned table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Oct 27, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> I noticed that RelationBuildPartitionKey is generating a partition key
> in a temp context, then creating a private context and copying the key
> into that.  That seems leftover from some previous iteration of some
> other patch; I think it's pretty reasonable to create the new context
> right from the start and allocate the key there directly instead.  Then
> there's no need for copy_partition_key at all.

We could do that, but the motivation for the current system was to
avoid leaking memory in a long-lived context.  I think the same
technique is used elsewhere for similar reasons.  I admit I haven't
checked whether there would actually be a leak here if we did it as
you propose, but I wouldn't find it at all surprising.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company