Re: trying again to get incremental backup

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: trying again to get incremental backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 18, 2023 at 4:10 AM Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> wrote:
> Another set of comments, about the patch that adds pg_combinebackup:
>
> Make sure all the options are listed in a consistent order.  We have
> lately changed everything to be alphabetical.  This includes:
>
> - reference page pg_combinebackup.sgml
>
> - long_options listing
>
> - getopt_long() argument
>
> - subsequent switch
>
> - (--help output, but it looks ok as is)
>
> Also, in pg_combinebackup.sgml, the option --sync-method is listed as if
> it does not take an argument, but it does.

I've attempted to clean this stuff up in the attached version. This
version also includes a fix for the bug found by Jakub that caused
things to not work properly for segment files beyond the first for any
particular relation, which turns out to be a really stupid mistake in
my earlier commit 025584a168a4b3002e193.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения